Re: book

From: Arup Nanda <orarup_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:34:26 -0800

What exactly do you want to see in the book on internals and kernel?

As some others have mentioned already, Steve Adam's book is excellent for undertanding the internal workings; but it may not be appropriate for a beginner. If you want the knowledge as a beginner, do check out Tom Kyte's book - Expert One-to-One; it has a clear explnation of the Oracle processes and file interaction. This book is for 8i, too; but will help you in understanding 9i stuff as well.

If you are lookin fro internal latches, locks, waits information, then Steve Adam's book is unparalled. You have to supplement your learning with tid-bits of informaion from other sources such as MetaLink, articles, OTN, and more.

HTH. Arup

Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: orarup_at_hotmail.com