CURSOR_SPACE_FOR_TIME

From: Odland, Brad <Brad.Odland_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:23:09 -0700

We are ran into a bug the other day where oracle dumps core with a ORA-07445 error. We tracked it down to a Context related bug where PL/SQL callout during heavy shared pool load cause the ora-07745 core dump. The suggested workarounds are to set CURSOR_SPACE_FOR_TIME to true. This is in 8.1.7.4.0 and is reportedly fixed in 9i. What are listers experience with this parameter? On our system it sound like setting this without altering the size of the shared pool would be potentially dangerous and could cause more problems that leaving it alone.

This error is not a critical one to business functions and users here. (so far)

Thanks

Brad Odland

Author: Odland, Brad
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 10:23:09 CDT