RE: changing optimizer_mode for a running session

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 06:47:38 -0700

Thank you.

I had done a DESC DBMS_SYSTEM and used SET_EV but never bothered to look for doc/notes on SET_BOOL_PARAM_IN_SESSION. Hemant

At 04:08 AM 12-06-03 -0800, you wrote:
Oh, my bad.. ;)

Here you go:

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
SQL> select sid, serial#, username from v$session;

       SID SERIAL# USERNAME

---------- ---------- ------------------------------
         1          1
         2          1
         3          1
         4          1
         5          1
         6          1
         7       3757
         8       3761
         9       3761
        10       3761
        11         20 NORAD_USER
       SID    SERIAL# USERNAME
---------- ---------- ------------------------------
        12       7213 SYS
        17        532 GERRY

13 rows selected.

SQL> exec dbms_system.SET_BOOL_PARAM_IN_SESSION (17, 520, 'optmizer_mode', TRUE);

Mark

Author: Hemant K Chitale
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
Author: Mark Leith
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional
My personal web site is :  http://hkchital.tripod.com
Author: Hemant K Chitale
 INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]