primary key, local partition index - prefixed/non-prefixed

From: From <l-oracle_at_hypno.iheavy.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:18:42 -0800

Hi all...

I'm messing around with partitioning, and trying to create a primary key index which is locally partition to match the underlying table. Table looks something like this:

create table mytable (
id number,
last date)
tablespace data
storage (initial 64k next 64k pctincrease 0) partition by range (last)
(partition lastq1_03 values less than(to_date('01-APR-2003','DD-MON-YYYY')),

 partition lastq2_03 values less than(to_date('01-JUL-2003','DD-MON-YYYY')),
 partition lastq3_03 values less than(to_date('01-OCT-2003','DD-MON-YYYY')),
 partition lastq4_03 values less than(to_date('01-JAN-2004','DD-MON-YYYY')))
enable row movement;

SQL> alter table mytable add primary key (id) using index tablespace "INDX" local enable;
alter table mytable add primary key (id) using index tablespace "INDX" local enable
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-14039: partitioning columns must form a subset of key columns of a UNIQUE index

Basically what Oracle is saying is hey, your table is partitioned on last, and you want to create a local index on id, no can do. So how *DO* I do that, and for that matter, how do I manage with a foreign key constraint?

I've looked at the docs, but I really need a good example. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Sean

Author: From
  INET: l-oracle_at_hypno.iheavy.com