OEM 9.2 to collect Unix server stats from IA

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:53:38 -0800

In 9iRelease2 [probably 9.0.1 as well] , the Data Gatherer is included in the Intelligent Agent.

I could use the OEM Console to see Unix performance charts [CPU, IOs, FileSystems]
online but when I enabled collection of statistics, I began seeing errors in the dbsnmp.log :
NMS-00001: Warning: dbsnmp unable to connect to SNMP master agent

   13:16:31 12/12/2002
   ODG-05270: Warning: Collection cartridge already initialized for PM client    13:19:07 12/12/2002
   ODG-05025: Error: failed to get socket descriptor from index

I then found this paragraph in the OEM 9.2 Release Notes : 14.2.8 The Performance Data Report capability has been removed from this

   release. To delete space consumed
   by previously running Performance Data Report collections, after    connecting to the historical repository execute    $ORACLE_HOME /sysman/admin/perfrptdrp.sql.

Has anyone been able to collect Unix or Database performance statistics using OEM 9.2 and IA 9.2 and view historical data ?

Hemant

Hemant K Chitale
My web site page is : http://hkchital.tripod.com

Author: Hemant K Chitale
  INET: hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 13 2002 - 20:53:38 CST