Timeout while obtaining an oracle connection lock

From: <grant.g.holyoake_at_centrelink.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:56:10 +1000

This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 002B9A34CA256C31_=

v8.1.7
solaris 2.6
E10k domain/SAN

Coldfusion application receives the following Error Msg:

Error Occurred While Processing Request....Oracle Error Code =0....Timeout while obtaining an oracle connection lock....[<simple> select statement].

CF uses native drivers to connect to oracle instance. Nothing in logs or trace files. Tried using 'cookies' default client storage setting in lieu of 'database' however still no luck.

We recently moved our instances to SAN however we don't appear to have any other latency issues/problems

TIA
Grant Holyoake

Important: This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or subject to legal or parliamentary privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by several Commonwealth Acts of Parliament. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.

--=_alternative 002B9A34CA256C31_=

<BR>

Important: This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or subject to legal or parliamentary privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by several Commonwealth Acts of Parliament. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.<BR>
</FONT></CODE>