RE: Index table last update?

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: 11 Sep 2002 09:06:33 -0400

It has to do with the organization and storage structure. An IOT is just that, "index-organized". A heap table is modeled like a heap. A pile of storage is allocted and used. Then, another pile of storage is added to the "heap". It's named after the type of data structure that used to store the data.

-Mark
On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 09:08, Naveen Nahata wrote:
> What's a heap table? I can understand that it is the general table (not the
> IOT), but why the term 'heap table'?
>
> Regards,
> Naveen

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
mark_at_bobak.net
"It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it