Re: methodology to keep only certain programs to connect to

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:10:29 +0200

More thoughts :

   SQL*Plus fills MODULE in, don't know about TOAD (I think it does), but typically a number of PC clients may appear as the name of a DLL. I think that you shoud rather allow in than exclude out, and (ab)use DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO in the programs which are allowed.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole Software