Re: how to use multiple ref cursors

From: John Thomas <john_at_toronto.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:39:02 -0800

Some recollection - I may be wrong - of passing REF CURSORs about as parameters. If you can pass back multiple REF CURSOR parameters, would that help?

9i provides table functions. Results can be passed back from row sources without waiting for completion. Table functions can be parallelised too.

Cheers,

John Thomas
Oracle development DBA (available for contract performance analysis and just about anything else.)

ticle <F001.004473FD.20020417134827_at_fatcity.com>, Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ) <John.Fedock_at_KLINE.com> writes
>Currently we have some stored procedures that hand a ref cursor back to a
>call from the Microsoft OLEDB for Oracle driver. The Microsoft driver
>interprets the ref cursor as an ADO recordset and processes it accordingly.
>There are a number of functions in the application that require the user to
>call these procs in sequence. In order to improve performance, we would like
>to retrieve the data faster, possibly in one call or multiple calls
>simultaneously. One idea is to try to return multiple ref cursors (ie.
>multiple recordsets) back from the proc. Can anyone offer any insight into
>how we can do this? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
>

>John Fedock
>"K" Line America, Inc.
>john.fedock_at_kline.com
>www.kline.com