Re: V9.2 & SGA

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 06:38:22 -0800

Thanks to all that replied.

oracle_at_actaeon:RPT# sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Jun 25 06:24:55 2002

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: / as sysdba

Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

sys_at_CAN.ACTAEON.MWH.COM> sho sga

Total System Global Area 76514152 bytes

Fixed Size                   729960 bytes
Variable Size              37748736 bytes
Database Buffers           33554432 bytes
Redo Buffers                4481024 bytes

When I posted my plea yesterday I was extraordinarily tired & frustrated. I'm a command line guy who dislikes GUI wizards, which includes OUI!

One of my ongoing complaints WRT the OUI is that it tends to pop informational frames/boxes/windows, but I can NOT cut & paste or otherwise capture the contents for later review and such. With V9.2 one such frame included a list of all the initSID.ora changes that were made; such a V7 parameters which went away and V9 parameters which were added.

I spent way too much time changing values within the initSID.ora file without seeing any changes in the instance before I realized that OUI had made an spfileSID.ora which was being used to the exclusion of my initSID.ora file.

Thanks again to everyone who responded & I wish you have better times with V9.2 than I did yesterday.

HAND!

Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jun 25 2002 - 09:38:22 CDT