Re: sequence question

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:58:40 -0800

Hello Bp

If you use the sequence for unique identifiers only, you do not need to worry about this.
At most the numbers will go from 1234 to 11234 and continue from there. So what?

Yechiel Adar
Mehish

  Hi List ,
  I want to create a sequence which will be used by some external process to generate some unique number . since this sequence will be used very frequently I would prefer to cache around 10000 numbers . Am I going to loose some numbers ?   what is SEQUENCE_CACHE_ENTRIES and how does it affect number or sequence cached ?

  Thanks ,
  -Bp

Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 11:58:40 CDT