EVENT="10235 trace name context forever, level 2"

From: John Weatherman <john.weatherman_at_replacements.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 05:58:24 -0800

Something for the internals folks.....

Last week we had a situation where the production system froze and we had to reboot to
get everything working again. Working with Oracle Support, we determained that we had
encountered bug 2230693. The workaround was to set the event listed above.

Sence then I have noticed a significant increase in library cache miss rates rates (5%-10%).
The event doc indicates that level 2 on 10235 "Do 1 AND fill memory with junk on alloc / free".
Does this indicate that the library cache also backfills the hash area with junk leading to the
miss rate performace I am seeing, or should I be looking elsewhere?

TIA,
John P Weatherman
Database Administrator
Replacements Ltd.

Author: John Weatherman
  INET: john.weatherman_at_replacements.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 08:58:24 CDT