RE: Parallel degrees in DBMS_STATS

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 06:33:33 -0800

One bug is with GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS. I don't remember the bug# offhand, but under some circumstances (like ours) it will fail to gather stats for the "first" table in the schema. I don't know if "first" relates to the schema alphabetically or by object ID, etc. BTW, I've seen this behavior on 8.1.6.0.0. Every week, in fact.

Thanks for the perfect explanation! :)

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com