RE: Prod problem, please help!!!

From: Arun Chakrapani <ArunC_at_1800FLOWERS.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 14:04:38 -0800

I am actually having the same probs now there is a database which is is getting froze for a few secs nobody can login but we did not know what time this was occuring.
set a recording thro 9i for every sec later we came to know it was due to cache buffer chain. almost 90 to 100 people were waiting on latch free wait issue.
Found that all the users are running the same sql with the same data requests.
Looks like we have to tune the sql.Yet to analyze the sqls.

Author: Arun Chakrapani
  INET: ArunC_at_1800FLOWERS.com