Re:RE: Problem in Dropping a MV : ORA-07445: exception

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 06:03:25 -0800

I did not catch this one the first time around, and I've had the exact same problem. Right now you've got a mess on your hands so I'd recommend opening an iTAR with OTS. They are going to have some VERY interesting questions to ask & if your not into messing about in the X$ tables your in for a real fright. The original problem was that while you were trying to drop the MV/snapshot it was trying to refresh. End result is a real mess down in the underlying data dictionary tables. OTS can guide you through the quagmire & get at the right points. They did for me.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Reddy; Madhusudana" <Madhusudana.Reddy_at_bestbuy.com>
Date:       4/30/2002 2:58 PM

Yes I did.

I am getting end of comunication channel error and then ORA-07445 in alert.log

Any Idea ???

--Madhu

Author: Reddy, Madhusudana
  INET: Madhusudana.Reddy_at_bestbuy.com

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM

Author: Reddy, Madhusudana
  INET: Madhusudana.Reddy_at_bestbuy.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 09:03:25 CDT