corrupt - but unused - datablocks in SYSTEM (C_OBJ#)

From: <Harald.Kosian_at_gecits-eu.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:34:24 -0800

Hello alltogether,

I faced a problem that's described in Metalink Note #96117.1. During the upgrade from 8051 to 8170 ORA-600 and ORA-1578 occur because of corrupt datablocks in SYSTEM-Tablespace, cluster C_OBJ#.

These blocks are not referenced. So we can work with release 8.0.5.1.

I've restored the oldest system datafile from a backup and ran "dbv" against it. It also contains the defect blocks ("row locked by non-existent transaction" ??). So I can't recover the database.

Currently I'm trying to exp/imp on another machine. DB size is 35GB, exp size about 10 GB. exp takes 4 hours, but imp is depressingly slow (too slow for a weekend).

But my question is: is there an alternative to exp/imp, because the defect datablocks aren't used? Is it possible to "regenerate" them in any way??

TIA, Harald

  INET: Harald.Kosian_at_gecits-eu.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 04:34:24 CST