RE: Droping System User

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:24:33 -0700

Very good! :-) I remember when I was in school my brother and I had discussed writing a french version of COBOL, e.g. AJOUTEZ 1 A X DONNANT Y. Here's another cool Oracle error message for you: SQL> drop table sys.tab$ ;
drop table sys.tab$
               *

ERREUR à la ligne 1 :
ORA-00701: Objet nécess. pour le démarrage à chaud de la BDD ne peut pas être modifié

I like to install Oracle in a foreign language, it's entertaining. I have the 8.0.6 client in Italian:

SQL> connect jrk/password_at_no_such_db
ERRORE:
ORA-12154: TNS: non è stato possibile risolvere il nome del servizio. Attenzione: Collegamento a ORACLE interrotto.