RE: STANDBY DB

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:09:21 -0700

Richard,

Okay, with more information, comes questions:

can you isolate the data you need in one or two tablespaces? I'm thinking that rather than clone the entire standby database (which is painful as you will be changing the database name)... maybe you could use transportable tablespaces to move the data you want from production to the second server (a new, 3rd database) and report on it there, then drop them when done.

This would give you a read/write database, and move the data from production more easily.

Hope this is more useful

Rachel

Do You Yahoo!?
NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1