RE: How much data can SQL*Server hold?

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 23:48:25 -0700

<SPAN

class=968034406-02102001>Lisa,
<SPAN

class=968034406-02102001>
It may
be a little late for your needs but I am attending a meeting in London (Oct1  5th) about this very thing. Apparently (and I was blissfully unaware of this) we run a large-ish (about 70Gb) SQL*Server database for a major communications company and where costs prohibit the use of Oracle we may see this as a strategy for the future also, not sure about the parallel server side of things but I'm sure this will come up in the debate.
<SPAN

class=968034406-02102001>
I can
let you know on my return what the general feeling was (if its not too late) but I would also be grateful to be included on any replies to your original question.

<SPAN

class=968034406-02102001>Regards
<SPAN

class=968034406-02102001>
<SPAN

class=968034406-02102001>Lee
<FONT

face=Arial size=2>

  <FONT
  size=2><FONT color=#0000ff
  face=Arial>
  <FONT
  size=2> -----Original
  Message-----From: Koivu, Lisa
  [mailto:lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com]Sent: 01 October 2001   16:50To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   How much data can SQL*Server hold?
  Hello everyone,
  Any of you using SQL*Server on fairly large databases?   If so please email me directly.
  I have a consulting company telling me they can run a   500GB+ database on SQL*Server with no problems and I'm pretty skeptical.    What's the largest implementation of SQL*Server you've seen? Does SQL*Server   have parallel server functionality?
  Lisa Koivu Oracle Database
  Administrator Fairfield Resorts, Inc.   954-935-4117

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system. Received on Tue Oct 02 2001 - 01:48:25 CDT