Re: OT.OT.OTRE: DUPLICATE VALUE CHECK is Clumsy

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:59:42 -0700

"Thater, William" wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001,Mark Leith scribbled on the wall in glitter crayon:
>
> ->And here's me thinking that the great US of A had an Executive Order banning
> ->them from ever taking part in any assassination - ever.. :) Or do you mean
> ->of the military kind Shrek?
>
> i'm afraid i can't answer that question.
>
> ->
> ->As an aside Bill, how did you go from being a SEAL to a DBA?? I have to
> ->say - "Huge Respect"!!
>
> short version: started programming in 1968, spent time when not "in country"
>hacking pentagon databases and supply programs for the supply guys, went back to work
>as a programmer when i got out. started with ORACLE application devlopment in 1989,
>was working as a contract to a large unnamed company about 10 years ago and walked
>into work to find a big plie of manuals in my cube. i said "what the hell is this?"
>answer "you're the new DBA and by the way, it's down fix it!"
>
> --
> Bill "Shrek" Thater Certifiable ORACLE DBA
> Telergy, Inc. thaterw_at_telergy.net

Mr. Thater:

you have used the words

"hacking pentagon databases"

in direct combination.

Prepare for termination.

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 23:59:42 CDT