Re: JDeveloper Connection to Oracle DB

From: Don Jerman <djerman_at_dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 06:25:15 -0700

JDeveloper may not have installed in the same oracle home as your regular Oracle client, first see if you have more than one Oracle home directory on your computer, either by checking the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Oracle or by searching for the TNSNAMES.ORA file. Then ensure that the TNSNAMES.ORA files in all those directories contain an entry for the database you're trying to test with, and that the SQLNET.ORA files agree. Then ensure that you can connect to the databse with SQL*Plus. If you still can't connect using the existing TNSNAMES method, try entering the host, port and SID instead. ( I see you did some of this already, but the mutiple homes thing changes the problem)

Finally, give up and call Oracle Support ;-).