RE: Prompt in Korn shell

From: <gregory.t.norris_at_mail.sprint.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:18:26 -0700

On a related note, once the PWD's been crammed in there is it possible to substitute "~" for the home directory (like bash does)? Something like:

     mehoo_at_somewhere[~]$

instead of

     mehoo_at_somewhere[/foo/bar/mehoo]$

It looks like ksh93 has some string replacement features which might work... unfortunately I seem to be stuck with ksh88.