Re: Crash Recovery

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 11:32:01 -0700

> "Naik, Kevin K" wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have an interesting problem, on one of my databases, a data
> warehouse, a killed session was taking too long
> to rollback. It was time for the backup, and I had to do a shutdown
> abort.
> No its time to open the database, instance parallel recovery is taking
> place as normal, but the problem is,
> its being running for more than 20 hours and the database is still not
> open.
>
> Does any body have any clues, thoughts, ideas ?? Is there anyway I can
> see what exactly the dbms is up to ?
> The instance processes running are completely idle
>
> Thanx
> K Naik

v8.1.7.1.2

SQL> desc v$recovery_status;

 Name                    Null?    Type
 ----------------------- -------- ----------------
 RECOVERY_CHECKPOINT              DATE
 THREAD                           NUMBER
 SEQUENCE_NEEDED                  NUMBER
 SCN_NEEDED                       VARCHAR2(16)
 TIME_NEEDED                      DATE
 PREVIOUS_LOG_NAME                VARCHAR2(513)
 PREVIOUS_LOG_STATUS              VARCHAR2(13)
 REASON                           VARCHAR2(13)

SQL>  desc v$recovery_progress;
 Name                    Null?    Type
 TYPE                             VARCHAR2(64)
 ITEM                             VARCHAR2(32)
 SOFAR                            NUMBER
 TOTAL                            NUMBER
Author: Paul Drake
  INET: paled_at_home.com