Re: Tkprof/explain plan errors

From: Danisment Gazi Unal (Unal Bilisim) <danisment.unal_at_unal-bilisim.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 01:38:56 -0700

Note that tkprof's execution plan shows execution plan against current database connection to which tkprof is connected. So, execution plan in trace file and execution plan in tkprof output may be different. And, I guess, tkprof shows first execution plan. If your statement parsed more than once, Execution plans may be different.

have you run itrprof at
http://www.unal-bilisim.com/products/itrprof/itrprof.html . It reports execution plans in trace files(so, correct execution plans) and you can see all execution plan(s).

regards...

cemail_at_sprintmail.com wrote:

> I am trying to do some performance tuning on a user’s query by
> using tkprof. After running tkprof on the trace file (which
> was generated after using alter sessions set sql_trace true),
> I look at the results and they say
>
> error connecting to database using: /
> ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
>
> EXPLAIN PLAN option disabled.
>
> However, the correct username/password is being used. Not sure
> what is going on with Explain plan. Any suggestions
>
> -----
> Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html )
> The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!

> INET: cemail_at_sprintmail.com

Web: http://www.unal-bilisim.com
*********
Questions and Answers: http://www.unal-bilisim.com/qa/discus/
*********
itrprof SQL Analyzer:
http://www.unal-bilisim.com/products/itrprof/itrprof.html

itrprof SQL Analyzer is a web based tool which analyzes
SQL_TRACE/Event10046 trace files of Oracle,
finds bottlenecks and offersinformation on how to tune them.
*********
iOraBugFinder:
http://www.unal-bilisim.com/products/iorabugfinder/iorabugfinder.html

iOraBugFinder is a web based tool which scans Oracle's alert log files,
ORA-600 and ORA-7445 trace files; extracts relevant information from them
and generates URL links to relevant bugs, notes, forums at Metalink.
*********

Author: Danisment Gazi Unal (Unal Bilisim)
  INET: danisment.unal_at_unal-bilisim.com