RE: Rebuilding indexes

From: Vadim Gorbounov <vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:58:07 -0700

  Hello, Terry,

  unrecoverable_change# is SCN of the last unrecoverable operation (NOLOGGING)
  unrecoverable_time - timestamp of the last unrecoverable operation They are kept on "per file" basis.

   If you have unrecoverable_time several months ago, most likely, before you've taken datafiles for your standby, you most likely dont have any recoverability problem.
Only situation, when unrecoverable_change# on stanby DB is less than unrecoverable_change# on primary is an issue, and can be recovered only by taking fresh hot backup of the corresponding datafile from primary database.

   If you have distinct unrecoverable_change# on stanby and primary, standby database if definitely missing some DML, although it can be opened and tablespaces will be accessable. You will get error later, when trying to access some data segment, modified with NOLOGGING on primary. I think, this indicator is reliable.

   To check data quality on standby I'd suggest not only open database and check all tablespaces available, but doing full export to /dev/null and check UNUSABLE indexes. Just in case...

   Can somebody correct me, if I'm wrong...

   Vadim Gorbounov
   Oracle DBA

Author: Terry Ball
  INET: terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com

Author: Vadim Gorbounov
  INET: vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com