Help needed on Oracle Upgrade 7.0 to 7.3.4 on SCO Unix

From: Rudy Wahab <rudywahab_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:07:10 -0000

Hi,

  We are planning to upgrade our obsolete Oracle database version 7.0 to Oracle 8i. The platform is SCO Unixware 7.1.

  Has anyone perform this kind of upgrade before? Is it possible to upgrade directly from 7.0 to 8.1.6? Or do we have to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.3.4 to 8.1.6?

  I have been trying to find documentation on upgrade 7.0 to 7.3.4 on SCO Unix on metalink but I couldn't find any. Would appreciate if someone know any good documentation on that.

  Thanks for the help..