Re: Urgent: Help with MTS

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:08:06 -0500

Hello Jordi,

I think the first thing I'd check would be to see if the dispatchers are running. You could query V$DISPATCHER to see if any rows are returned, or you can use the Unix ps command (ps -ef | grep prod if your SID is prod) to see the actual dispatcher processes.

Then I'd check to see if those dispatchers are registered with your listener. Issue a lsnrctl services command. You should see your dispatchers listed in the output. If not, you may need to use the LOCAL_LISTENER parameter in your init.ora file.

You shouldn't need to specify (SERVER=SHARED) in your tnsnames.ora file. You should get a shared connection by default.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick
mailto:jonathan_at_gennick.com * 906.387.1698 http://Gennick.com * http://MichiganWaterfalls.com * http://MetalDrums.org