Re:Pro*c and C compiler for hp unix 11.0

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:10:27 -0500

Bipin

    Oracle 8.0.6 runs on HP-UX 10.2 or 11.0 The version of the precompiler did not really change. With 8i it's a little different, but nothing radical. If it worked on 8.0 it'll work on 8i. In either case, you'll need the ANSI C compiler from HP. One thing I'd be a little careful with on HP-UX 11; the compiler can create both 32 and 64 bit applications. The demo_proc.mk file will create then in the default of the rdbms you install. Some of the HP 9000 (the older ones) out there will run HP-UX 11, but only in 32 bit mode. So coordinate with your SA on which version of the OS he/she is installing. If they install 32 bit then you need to match is with the 32 bit version of Oracle. If they install 11.0 in 64 bit mode then either will version of Oracle will install & run correctly. If you have a choice, ask them to install in 64 bit mode. It is faster.

Dick Goulet

Subject: Pro*c and C compiler for hp unix 11.0 Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?bipin=20sahani?= <bipinsahani_at_yahoo.co.in> Date: 1/17/2001 11:00 PM

Hi all,
We are migrating our application from HP-Unix 10.2 to HP-Unix 11.0.I need a help what will be pro*c version needed for Hp unix 11.0.On 10.2 we have Pro*C 2.0.And which compileres are needed for compiling
PRO*C and C code on HP unix 11.0.And where are they availabe.
If anyone has done this activity earlier pls. share your experiences.
Any suggessions in this respect are most welcome. Thankx and Regards
Bipin

Do You Yahoo!?

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?bipin=20sahani?=
  INET: bipinsahani_at_yahoo.co.in
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 13:10:27 CST