RE: ORA-600 with smon crashing the db as soon it is started

From: barry botuck <botes_at_hq.idt.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:48:48 -0500

I had experienced a similar problem (twice). I believe it is related to locally managed tablespaces. There is an event that can be put in the init.ora file that  Prevents smon from starting. We put this event in the  init.ora did a startup and shutdown normal a couple of times. We then removed the event and the database returned to normal.

The event (10061) should only be used at the  direction of oracle support , unfortunately I have  found that not all oracle support people are familiar with this.

At the very least the use of this event will allow you  to open the database and perform exports and experiment with which tablespace is causing the problem. If a shutdown normal and startup does not work you may  want to try converting your tablespaces back from locally managed  to dictionary and see if that eliminates the problem.

HTH
Barry

Btw: How are your dbs identical.
Replication ? snapshots ?