Problem connecting from JDBC

From: Ravindra basavaraja <ravindra_at_sentica.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:10:39 -0800

We have a java application that connects to the database using JDBC.At some point
the java application cannot get connected to the database.

I was told to stop and start the listener.I dont' know if the listener is hanging.
After doing this the connection gets established.This happens everytime. But when the problem is happening I can still make a client connection from the Oracle
client on NT.If the listener was hanging then the Client connection wouldn't have got
conencted.

Can anyone tell me how to identify where the problem.I am the DBA and I think that
this is not a Listener problem but the developers are telling that this is a database
related problem as they don't face this problem when working on other databases.
This happens only with the testing database.

Thanks Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 16:10:39 CST