RE: Could only connect via SVRMGR

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:12:42 -0400

Are you running out of memory on your NT server? Maybe there isn't = enough
memory left to spawn a new connection. Check Peak Commit Charge and = compare
with available memory.

Did you reach the license / users limit for that database?

Are you using MTS? It's buggy for Oracle7, I think. Try putting = (server =3D
dedicated) in your tnsnames.ora file entry for that database and see if = you
can connect.

Is your listener configured properly to accept connections from your = network
protocol (probably TCP/IP) ?

Just a few thoughts.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst=E8mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique=20
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO