RE: microsoft sql vs. oracle

From: Abdul Aleem <abchaudhary-ho_at_beaconhouse.edu.pk>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:38:40 +0500

Claudia,

Oracle is in Database business since 1976 (if I am not wrong) when Microsoft was not born. With Oracle you have openness to all popular (most stable to less stable and shareware) operating systems. Where as with SQL you are limiting yourself to MS.

Oracle has its own line of products closely integrated to each other Designer / Forms / Reports / JDeveloper/ Database / Application Server / . Etc. MS does not have such line of product.

To my understanding if you use designer, it will generate the complete web enabled application. If you use Application Server your application is up on the Internet or Intranet.

In short Oracle has tools that help you design business application in minimum possible time for any platform and configurations.

HTH!
Aleem

Author: Rivera, Claudia
  INET: crivera_at_utep.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 03:38:40 CST