How to find the tablename and the number of rows under each table without analyzing the tables

From: ranganathk krishnaswamy <ranganathk_at_lgsi.co.in>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:48:59 +0530

Dear DBA Gurus,

        I want to find the tablename and the number of rows in each table under a particular schema without analyzing the table. I know this can be done after analyzing the table computing the statistics and then querying the user_tables view for the columns table_name and num_rows. Any other SQL query using tab or any other view? Any response in this regard will be highly appreciated.

TIA and regards,

Ranganath Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 00:18:59 CST