Re: Delphi to Oracle

From: Dennis Taylor <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 08:02:23 -0800

One piece of advice: If you are going to be using Delphi to access Oracle, get DOA (Direct Oracle Access) at http://www.allroundautomations.com . Dead easy to use, and WAY more stable than the likes of OO4O or ODBC, and I've heard too many complaints about the instability of BDE (no personal exp there, tho')

At 02:50 AM 1/4/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all,
> One of our clients here has an application developed in Delphi with
>Interbase as their database. This was quite a small application, but now
>with the inevitable expansion of business, they are considering options of
>moving the appl from Delphi to Oracle. What I have been asked to do is put
>together a document detailing the plus points of doing this, such as
>Security, Scalability, Automation (they still have some manual processes),
>disaster recovery, backup, effort involved, ease of migrating etc.
> Since this is a first for me, I don't really know where to start. I am
>still searching the web for any info I can get, however I have to finish
>this by Friday. If any of you can help out with either a website or any
>pointers like that, I would be grateful.
>
>TIA
>Chandini
>
>--
>--
>Author: Chandini Paterson
> INET: chandini.paterson_at_morse.com

---
Dennis Taylor
---
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas
are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats.