RE: Detect obsolete programs and kill them

From: Armstead, Michael A <maa25681_at_glaxowellcome.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:01:19 -0400

I haven't tried this, but this is where I'd start. Try looking into an ON_LOGON trigger that would check the PROGRAM column of v$session and executed an ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION if it weren't a current program.

I hope this helps. Please reply in the future, to let us know if this works or not.

Michael Armstead
Database Administrator, OCP-Certified
Corporate & Finance Information Systems
Glaxo Wellcome