RE: What's the aveactive column of the v$rollstat column about?

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:55:11 -0700

Regarding the v$rollstat.aveactive column.

Here's an answer from OWS...
"General overview is that for most intents, v$rollstat.aveactive column is not a column worth perusal/analysis.... internal usage only by rdbms engine. As far as the 'active extents', that's the amount of the extent being used, not the allocated size of the extent..."

I'd call this a documentation bug because of the misleading verbiage. Isn't it still an interesting number to me worth analysis? Anyone?

Steve Orr