HP-UX 11.0 64 bit - Oracle 8.1.6 installation problem

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:13:11 EDT

I know several folks have successfully installed 8.1.6 on HP-UX 64 bit from previous messages. We are attempting this currently. We seemed to get around the linking problem by setting the MAXDSIZ and MAXDSIZ64 kernal parameters as reported before (thanks!!), but after completing the installation, apparently successfully, we cannot start svrmgrl. We're getting a 3113 error before the prompt even appears. We didn't create any database during the install -- preferring to do that manually. We also get 3113 from sqlplus and dbassist. Seems like we missed something basic here. Any suggestions? Tomorrow, we'll try again and if it fails, we'll log a TAR, but I know some of you have been successful!

Thanks,
Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 19:13:11 CDT