Re: [Re: Column encryption]

From: Yigal Ran <ydran_at_usa.net>
Date: 22 Sep 00 12:46:18 EDT

Jared,

Thanks for the information, I did resolve the problem, see attached code.=

Yigal

set echo off
set verify off
set term on
set heading off
set wrap off
set feedback off
set heading off
set truncate off
set recsep off
set serveroutput on; =

CLEAR BUFFER
-- @encrypt.sql =

undefine PASSWD
 =

ACCEPT PASSWD CHAR PROMPT 'Please enter a password - Must be up to 8 characters : ' =

PROMPT =  =

DECLARE

BEGIN
        dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.DESEncrypt(input =3D> raw_input, key =3D> raw_k= ey,
encrypted_data =3D> encrypted_raw );

        dbms_output.put_line('> encrypted hex value : ' || rawtohex(encrypted_ra= w));

        dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.DESDecrypt(input =3D> encrypted_raw,key =3D> ra= w_key,
decrypted_data =3D> decrypted_raw);

	dbms_output.put_line('> Decrypted raw output : '
||UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(decrypted_raw));
	dbms_output.put_line('> ');
	if UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(raw_input) =3D
UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(decrypted_raw) THEN
		dbms_output.put_line('> Raw DES Encyption and Decryption successful');
	END if;
	EXCEPTION =

		WHEN error_in_input_buffer_length THEN
			dbms_output.put_line('> ' || INPUT_BUFFER_LENGTH_ERR_MSG);
	dbms_output.put_line('> ');

END; /

 From: Ed <junior_peon_at_yahoo.com>
 Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:49:21 -0700 (PDT)  Subject: Upgrade HP-UX10.20 to HP-UX11

Greetings all,

We are about to upgrade the OS from HP-UX10.20 to HP-UX11. I have a bunch of Proc*C programs and other shell scripts, and I hope they will execute without any problems after the upgrade. I am hoping some of you are kind enough to share their experiences, advices, and suggestions to avoid 'gotchas' when they went thru' this.

For example, are there are patches to be applied to get the scripts HP-UX11.0 compliant? Need to recompile the shell scripts? Are there are other tasks that needs to be addressed? So many questions, co many concerns.

I appreciate your feedback on this. Thanks you kindly.

Regards,
Ed

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/

 From: "mike ding" <mding1997_at_mail.net>
 Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:28:01 -0400
 Subject: Re: ORACLE 8I AND SNAPSHOT PROBLEM

We are using read only snapshot and updatable snapshot on oracle81600/solaris2.7. Once for a while, there is a networking problem, but snapshots are never got truncated, still have data. Probably you need to contact support.

mike

 From: "Eric D. Pierce" <PierceED_at_csus.edu>  Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:51:46 -0700
 Subject: Re: Oracle Win NT Configuration Standards

THE OWNER OF THAT DOCUMENT ANNOUNCED THAT ANYONE USING THE LIST ADDRESS TO REQUEST IT WOULD BE *PUNISHED* (FOR VIOLATING NETIQUETTE) BY HAVING THEIR REQUEST IGNORED. ANYONE ELSE THAT NEEDS IT SHOULD SEND A "ME TOO" MESSAGE TO THE DOCUMENT OWNER, ***NOT*** THE LIST:

    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie
    sean.oneill_at_organon.ie

On 22 Sep 2000, at 7:10, Praveen Gautam wrote:

Date sent:      	Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:10:50 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
Send reply to:  	ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
From:           	Praveen Gautam <gautam_at_pipeline.com>
Subject:        	Re: Oracle Win NT Configuration Standards

 From: "Bowes, Chris" <Chris.Bowes_at_kosa.com> Received on Fri Sep 22 2000 - 11:46:18 CDT