Stress Testing

From: Gillian M <zmkj04_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:31:38 -0700 (PDT)

We have just finished developing our e-commerce site. We will be doing some stress testing next week. Someone (maybe from the hosting site) has to configure the Mercury software to simulate the transactions, and I will have to configure the Oracle Enterprise Manager to monitor the database.

Question:
1. I never used or saw this Mercury Software that people are talking about. Is there anything I need to know about it, other than it will be simulating transactions?

2. I have never done stress testing before. What do I need to monitor? I am thinking I could set up alerts and thresholds before the testing actually begin. Would I be able to do index usage monitoring?

3. Is The Enterprise Manager 2.1.0 with all its diagnostic tools sufficient enough to do monitoring of stress testing?

This is Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.7, and Enterprise Manager 2.1

Thanks in advance
Gillian

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. Received on Thu Sep 21 2000 - 14:31:38 CDT