Re: forgotten sys password

From: zhuchao <chaos_at_cattsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:38:01 +0800

hi,all

      I am running oracle8.1.6 on nt,and oraginnaly i can connect=  internal under svrmgrl without password.the default parameter in=  pfile remote_login_passwordfile is none. =09but without noticing any change by myself,it refused to let me=  connect as internal again.i forgot what i have done.but now=  whenever i connect as internal or connect sys/xxx as SYSDBA, it=  always prompts me that invald username/password.login denied.=  alter user sys doesn't work either.
=09i even tried orapwd to create a password file and change=  setting in initsid.ora.but connect internal still failed.

=09what shall i do?
=09can someone help me?
=09

=D4=DA 00-9-14 =CF=C2=CE=E7 03:12:00 you write:
>John,
> If you can log in to Unix as Oracle (or any user in the dba=
 group),
>then you can run svrmrgl and connect internal. Then you can=
 change the
>sys password from there.
>
>John Dunn wrote:
>
>> We have an installation of Oracle 8 on Unix that we use only=
 for
>> demonstrations. We have forgotten the sys password.
>>
>> Anything we can do?
>>
>> John
>>
>> --
>> Author: John Dunn
>> INET: john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk
>>
>> Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858)=
 538-5051
>> San Diego, California -- Public Internet access /=
>>=

 You may
>> also send the HELP command for other information (like=
 subscribing).

>--
>Scott Canaan (srcdco_at_rit.edu)
>"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what=
 you put into
>it" - Tom Lehrer
>

>--
>Author: Scott Canaan
> INET: srcdco_at_ritvax.isc.rit.edu
>
>Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858)=
 538-5051
>San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing=
 Lists
 may
>also send the HELP command for other information (like=
 subscribing).
      good luck!
      bye......

                    =D6=C2