Oracle 8.1.6 install on Linux

From: Michael Barger <mrbarger_at_onramp.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:26:14 -0500

Has anyone ever seen the Oracle Installer *not* work on Linux Mandrake 7.2
[RedHat 6.x compatible]? The first installer screen comes up fine, but the
*only* buttons that work are the 'About' button and the 'Installed Products' button.

[A co-worker of mine said he experienced similar problems, and found that
if he disabled any/all network devices from ifconfig, things would work for him. I tried this, and the 'Next' button still does not work to get me into the actual install portion of the Installer...] [good verbiage, huh?]

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I looked all over metalink.... Received on Thu Sep 14 2000 - 16:26:14 CDT