Re: SQL Loader question

From: Oliver Artelt <oli_at_md.transnet.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:01:27 +0200

Hi Vipul,

I try to solve such things on the OS-Level. You can first reduce the amount of space characters between columns to one (cat file1|sed s/\ \ /\ /g >file2) and the add the delimiters to the first columns to have all columns variable-lengted. (some like cat file1|sed s/\ /\>\>\<\</g >file2) Yep, it's a long and tiding task. (I've fed tables with 10million rows with this -nasty!)

For the second one - you can create your other table and push the .bad-file to this with another controlfile. (And make a backup-you won't really do this twice!)

oli.