locally managed ts and ora-01658

From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:29:21 -0700 (PDT)

--0-438792350-968783361=:20167

I'm using locally-managed tablespaces and I'm creating a procedure to perform rolling partitions within x tablespaces for x paritions. Right now all of the partitions are being created in 1 tablespace and I'm trying to create around 100 new partitions very quickly. After it gets to a certain point I get the following error message but there is still plenty of space in the tablespace. When I re-run it to pick up where it left off it creates some more and then dies again. It seems like the tablespace can't keep up with the extent creation. I'm going to place a wait period in the procedure to let the tablespace bitmap breath a little but I was just wondering if anyone else has run into bogus space problems like this with locally-managed tablespaces.

ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace RAW_DATA

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! --0-438792350-968783361=:20167

<P>I'm using&nbsp;locally-managed tablespaces and I'm creating a procedure to perform rolling partitions within x tablespaces for x paritions.&nbsp; Right now all of the partitions are being created in 1 tablespace and I'm trying to create around 100 new partitions very quickly.&nbsp; After it gets to a certain point I get the following error message but there is still plenty of space in the tablespace.&nbsp; When I re-run it to pick up where it left off it creates some more and then dies again.&nbsp; It seems like the tablespace can't keep up with the extent creation.&nbsp; I'm going to place a wait period in the procedure to let the tablespace bitmap breath a little but I was just wondering if anyone else has run into bogus space problems like this with locally-managed tablespaces.</P>
<P>ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace RAW_DATA </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
--0-438792350-968783361=:20167-- Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 13:29:21 CDT