Is there a limit to database size on NT?

From: Jeff Cox <jeff.cox_at_ips-sendero.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:38:15 -0000

Hello,

We seem to be encountering an NT OS error when our NT-based database grows over 180 GB - we have an open TAR with Oracle and also have a support ticket open with Microsoft.

Posting follows:

RDBMS Version: 8.0.5.2.5
Operating System and Version: NT 4.0 Enterprise Edition SP 5 Error Number (if applicable): OS 1450
Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): Oracle RDBMS Product Version: 8.0.5.2.5

NT OS error 1450 when add datafile/expand datafile

We are hitting an NT limit of 180 GB open files. When adding or expanding datafiles that take our database over 180 Gb we get OS error 1450 'Insufficient resources'. Database won't shutdown or startup. Microsoft has an article on this: Q192409 (support.microsoft.com)

Is 180 Gb the largest an Oracle database can be on NT?? Does anybody know if there is a limit? System is down until resolved - I have an open TAR on this issue, but no resolution yet...

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Cox Received on Thu Sep 07 2000 - 05:38:15 CDT