automatic detection of running sid by listener in 8x

From: Thapliyal, Deepak <DThapliyal_at_ea.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:19:28 -0700

actually dan,

i was curious about thye oracle 8x listener feature which automatically detects running SID'S and then starts service for them so that clients can connect to the sid's using TNS. i was wondering if there is a way to disable this so that the SID list is what governs what services are started when the listener starts.

TIA
deepAk

From: Thapliyal, Deepak [mailto:DThapliyal_at_ea.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 11:13 AM To: 'Straub, Dan'; 'Ruth Gramolini'; Paul Vallee; LazyDBA Listserver (E-mail)

any way i can disable this agent ???

From: Ruth Gramolini [mailto:rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us] Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 7:53 AM To: Paul Vallee; LazyDBA Listserver (E-mail) Subject: Re: Interrogate a listener for SIDs?

Using OEM you can find out all of the attached database but expanding the node for the server where the listener is. Ruth