RE: alter system set user_dump_dest problem [SOLUTION]

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:33:13 +0100

On my NT4.0 sp6 machine running Oracle 8.0.4 I also get a FALSE.

To review all other input -

NT 4.0	7.3.4		FALSE
		8.0.4		FALSE
		8.0.5		FALSE
		8.1.5		FALSE
		8.1.6		FALSE

WIN2000	8.1.6		IMMEDIATE

LINUX		8.1.5		IMMEDIATE

SOLARIS	8.0.6		IMMEDIATE
		8.1.6		IMMEDIATE

AIX		8.1.5		IMMEDIATE
		8.1.6.2	IMMEDIATE

Now, I'm no guru but it seems pretty obvious that the problem is solely NT. Why this would change with WIN 2000 is beyond me??

I changed the init parameter on my machine and that did the trick Sean. Seems the only way that you can make it work. Another 'feature' for Oracle on NT?? I think so...:) Received on Thu Aug 31 2000 - 10:33:13 CDT