Passing 2 parameters into a nested select statement

From: Peter Hazelton <peterhazelton_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:27:09 GMT

Hi all

I need to pass two parameters into a nested select statement in order to return the proper row. How do I do this?

select     icons,
          admdatetime,
          ther,
          therin
from       inpatient
where      icons  Between 85 and 93
and        icons||admdatetime in
          (select icons||max(admdatetime)
           from inpatient
           group by icons)

This query works for me, but is there a better or more efficent way to pass multiple fields into a nested select? Help!