(Fwd) Re: (Fwd) RE: NLS_CHARACTERSET - Japanese to English

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:25:20 -0700

(fyi)

This InfoWorld (http://www.infoworld.com) article has been sent to you by ...

Web addresses go multilingual
By George A. Chidi

ARABIC DOESN'T TRANSLATE well in Web addresses and neither does Japanese, Hebrew, Chinese, Swedish, nor any of dozens of languages with letters absent from a standard Roman-lettered keyboard. The Internet is global, but Web addresses are not, a state of affairs domain registrar NSI (Network Solutions Inc.) says it intends to improve.

For the rest of the article, go to:
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/00/08/22/000822hnnsi.xml

Copyright (c) 2000 InfoWorld Media Group Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole Or in part in Any form Or medium without express written permission of InfoWorld Is prohibited.