RE: logical differing from physical

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:40:55 -0700 (PDT)

Cherie,

Can you tell me which normal form a many-many relationship violate? Thanks.

I know how to implement it. But I'm curious about its violation of normal form.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

you wrote:
A many-to-many relationship violates the rules of normal form. You have to put the extra table in between to have one-to-many on each side of the intermediate table. Thus you eliminate the many-to-many relationship.

Cherie

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/ Received on Thu Aug 24 2000 - 13:40:55 CDT