Re: checkpoint error

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:33:03 EDT

Increase the size of your redologs and your problem will be resolved. You may increase size to 200Mb each and reduce number of files to 5/6 if space problem.
Regards
Rafiq

From: Lyall Barbour <lbarbour_at_stanford.edu> Reply-To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: Re: checkpoint error
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:39:09 -0800

         There's an init.ora parameter, DB_WRITERS (??) that you can change. For 7.2, huummm, I not sure you can add more dbwr's in 7.2. But with the error you're getting, I'd also add more redo log groups. Sure you've got eight! But you can always use more redo log groups, it never hurts.
Lyall Barbour